Tuesday 26 April 2011

Eventing tack and a pony saddle.

Whilst watching the BBC's coverage of Badminton Horse Trials yesterday afternoon, I did a spot of tack-making. (Everything's new except for the over-girth, browband and reins)

Harper's XC Tack

Not that he needed MORE tack; Harper probably has more stuff than any of my Julips but Jenny wants to try him out over fences this year so he kinda needed it.
That's my excuse anyway. :P

He's got a simple snaffle bridle with flash noseband and colour co-ordinated bit guards...

Harper's XC Tack

...a five point breastplate with running martingale attachment...

Harper's XC Tack

...and a brand new jumping saddle,(which now looks MASSIVELY too big for him :( ) complete with suede covered neoprene knee rolls and thigh blocks, stud girth and a 'sheepskin' saddlepad.

Harper's XC Tack

Harper's XC Tack

With all this new gear on, I don't think Jenny could resist taking him for a spin on the XC course. Although it doesn't look it here, - the grass hides most of his legs lol - he's actually going pretty fast. (hence Jenny's awkward leg position - she's pulling on him to try to slow him down. at least that's my excuse anyway...)

Harper and Jenny - XC

Harper and Jenny - XC

Harper and Jenny - XC

His jumping style is err...

Harper and Jenny - XC

...interesting but he's got some potential at least!

Harper and Jenny - XC

I tried to make Kestral a saddle the other day too but Rhu nicked it before she had a chance to claim it and well, his old one was terrible so he may as well have it seeing as it fits! I definitely need to make some better saddlepads though. >.< Rhu's New Saddle

Rhu


Oh and before I forget...


DOCTOR WHO'S BACK!

*flails*

3 comments:

  1. "Oh and before I forget...


    DOCTOR WHO'S BACK!

    *flails*"

    You are so much like my best friend! I think you guys would get along swimmingly :D.

    Love what you did with the eventing tack it looks great :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD I'm literally counting the days til the next episode, I'm that sad. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing tack, make my pony some!;)

    ReplyDelete