Monday 18 April 2011

New tack and a couple of hairy coblets.

;D

I didn't come back from the show empty handed and afer a whole afternoon (which resulted in my black (!) jeans being completely covered in mohair) spent hairing them, I can now proudly present Simba and Pirate. :D

Simba.

Simba rears

Simba rears

Simba


Pirate.

Pirate

Pirate

Pirate

I also made them up some tack today. Pirate found himself with a nice plain snaffle bridle (actually a bit of a cheat as I only needed to make the browband as the rest of it was found lost in the tack drawer! lol)

Pirate's Bridle.

Pirate's Bridle.

Simba however got something a little more interesting. Since he'll be broken to ride this year I thought he might need lungeing at times to take the edge off...

Simba, loose

So no prizes for guessing what I made this evening!

Simba's Lungeing Set.

Simba's Lungeing Set.

Simba's Lungeing Set.

The sidereins are elasticated, as is the girth.

Simba's Lungeing Set.

Simba's Lungeing Set.

7 comments:

  1. Well done! I really like the lungeing set. I once tried to do one, but I failed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the two-tone elastic on the side reins! Wherever did you find that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Braymere - I cheated! XD I found a big bag of elastic trimmings in my grandma's sewing box the last time I visited and noticed that one of the really wide ones had a nice blue edge to it so I just cut it off. It'll probably fray at some point but as long as I'm careful with it it *should* be alright. I was hoping I'd have some black elastic somewhere (I could have sworn that I bought some recently!) but in the end I think the lighter stuff works better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could maybe put a little glue around the edges? That way it wouldn't fray as much, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had considered that but will do that later on as my bostik is getting a bit too gloopy for that kind of precise application! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Pirate's mane..wavyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful horse! Pretty feisty, isn't he? *g* The tack he has looks very good, too!

    ReplyDelete