Monday 9 April 2012

Introducing Jarvis the Quarry Dragon.

Jarvis

Jarvis

I made the armature and sculpted parts of Jarvis months ago and his skeletal form's been lurking beside my tv ever since, awaiting the day when I'd come home with scaley fabric so he could actually gain a skin. XD

Jarvis

Jarvis

Jarvis

I finally got some yesterday when I was out with my cousin and literally sat up ALL NIGHT sewing him together. I watched several series of Still Game, followed by The Mentalist in the later hours of this morning. His legs turned out a lot skinnier than I'd have liked but then again, he's only a young 'un after all.

Jarvis

Jarvis

Jarvis

I think my favourite part would have to be his horns though. I'm definitely making ones like that again for a future doll...

Jarvis

Jarvis

Jarvis

Jarvis

His ears are just folded leather as I prefer the look of that to sculpted ones.

Jarvis

His wings can be folded and extended (although the way I stitched it rather limits how tightly he can tuck them) and his tail is made up of lots of interlocking 'plates' which I really like

Jarvis

Jarvis

He has an older and far more complicated brother still in the armature stage and I can tell you, it's going to take a good long while before he's ready to be shown off!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Just WOW! He is phenomenal. The interlocking scales are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D He isn't quite as flexible as my others but I love him nonetheless! The scales were actually pretty easy to do as I glued them in instead of sewing but it still took ages. XD

      Delete