Thursday 18 April 2013

Unicorn Finished! (new photos)

I meant to get this up AGES ago but never had a chance to photograph the finished model until now. (and even then these aren't my photos - Simon took them, lol)

He still doesn't have a name yet although I'm leaning towards Ferdinand for no apparent reason.

I finally managed to get the plaque he's mounted on finished after the varnish reacted badly and ended up really patchy in places. I rather like it though, it makes it look a bit more antique which was kind of the intention.

Simon took these for my portfolio and his records and kindly allowed me to use them.

Finished Unicorn

Finished Unicorn

Finished Unicorn

Finished Unicorn


I'm SO pleased with him and even though I can see all the flaws and bits I'd like to change, I really couldn't be happier with him right now. :D


8 comments:

  1. Really extraordinary!!

    Alia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! It looks totally credible like this. (And great, Snow thinks he should have a nice handtooled collar now, too...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D

      Oh I think he definitely should have one! They're ever so fashionable at this time of year. :P

      Delete
  3. Wow, it looks amazing! Sorry for such late response, I was checking the progress but lost track of it at one point :) It's amazing how you accomplished this, looks awesome, love it! <3

    ReplyDelete