Monday 17 June 2013

Model horse props - potentially FOR SALE!

I'm horribly choked up with the cold at the moment so I haven't really been up to making very much other than really simple props. I ended up watching Hannibal last night for several hours whilst making up a batch of 1/12th scale riding crops.

Handmade riding crops

 I'd made crops before but they always either broke or looked really rubbish but now I think I've found myself a much better technique which gives them a healthy dose of realism and allows me to make them in a variety of styles and colours.

I made some shorter for the younger kids or as jumping crops as well as a lunge whip with a long tail.

Handmade riding crops

Handmade riding crops

Would anyone be interested if I made some to sell or made them to people's colour specifications? I've only made them in this scale so far as I don't really do anything with my Trads these days but it shouldn't be difficult to scale them up a bit if people wanted them in 1:9th scale instead. I could make smaller ones for Schleich too if there was interest.

I can also make up grooming kits from styrene in just about any colour imaginable - the brushes were all I could find for the photo but I can make a matching set if people wanted them to co-ordinate!


Handmade riding crops


Handmade riding crops


(older photos from when I first made these ones)

 Grooming KitGrooming Kit

Grooming Kit



Grooming Kit

Again, those could be made to virtually any scale - I've got a real box like that knocking around somewhere so I could get the measurements if needed.

I really want to get the Playstation 4 when it comes out so any money I could make through hobby things would be a huge help as I am currently jobless and I don't think that is going to change any time soon sadly... :(

So yeah, if anyone would be interested please let me know!

 If not these things, then is there anything else I could make that would be popular? I could do really simple items of tack like headcollars and possibly rugs and yeah, just have a look through this blog and see if there's anything you fancy. (within reason, mind, I'm not making anyone a full size unicorn head! XD)

I don't want to paint/customise for people as the last time I did that I got myself really stressed out and it didn't really work out because I felt like I was putting myself under too much pressure but making props and things I find really relaxing so if I could sell the stuff I enjoy making so much I'd love it!

Cheers,

EG out!




6 comments:

  1. I may be interested...^_^
    What price range are you thinking? (for anything)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get a proper sales post up tonight with prices and things but I was thinking of about £2-£3 for Trad scale crops, £1.50 for Julip ones and err...I'm working on the rest. XD

      Delete
  2. I saw the jump cups in the background holding up the saddle blankets...where did you get those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them as well! I used Fimo (a type of polymer clay) and wire and just used the heat gun to bake them in situ rather than taking them off the stands in case they warped. I painted them afterwards with metallic acrylics. Alas, I held the heat gun a bit too close so they're a bit bubbly. XD

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/elrenia_greenleaf/9038291626/in/set-72157624428698043
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/elrenia_greenleaf/9036094697/in/set-72157624428698043

      Delete
  3. I would buy the crops for 50p each and some other stuff for however much😇

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I think they'd be more along the lines of £1.50 each, or £2-£3 for trad scale. :3

      Delete