Monday 22 June 2015

Royal Highland Show 2015 - Part 3 - Sport Horses and Hunters!

As we walked around so much and classes overlapped and ran over their allotted times, I found it really hard to keep track of what I'd photographed so some of these may not be quite right. XD

Sport Horses In Hand


There won't be much commentary in this post as I'm not hugely knowledgeable about these classes.

'Hunters In Hand'

Hunters In Hand

Hunters In Hand

Hunters In Hand


I'm 99% sure this was the 'Sports Horses In Hand' class. I think they ran one after the other.

Sport Horses In Hand


Sport Horses In Hand

Sport Horses In Hand

 Sport Horses In Hand


Sport Horses In Hand

The Showjumping was next but I'll cover that in another post.

Instead let's skip forward to the Novice Hunters!

Novice Hunters

I always love Hunter classes as the horses are right up my street - chunky and dependable, with an emphasis on function over fashion - especially in the tack, which is always workmanlike and simple.

Novice Hunters

Novice Hunters

Novice Hunters

Novice Hunters

Despite this mare popping in a cheeky buck when the judge asked for a gallop...

Hunters In Hand

... she looked like she was having a great time!

Novice Hunters

Novice Hunters

Novice Hunters

I didn't realise this mare was grey at first, she was so dark.

Novice Hunters


Novice Hunters

This Liver Chestnut also caught my eye.

Novice Hunters

Novice Hunters

...and another!

Novice Hunters

Novice Hunters

Novice Hunters

Skipping ahead once again, this class is, to the best of my knowledge, the 'Retraining of Racehorses Final'

Retraining of Racehorses Final

Retraining of Racehorses Final

Retraining of Racehorses Final


Retraining of Racehorses Final

Retraining of Racehorses Final

Retraining of Racehorses Final

Retraining of Racehorses Final

Retraining of Racehorses Final


Retraining of Racehorses Final

These I'm 90% sure are from the 'Weights & Small Hunters' class, though I went back to it after watching more showjumping so it could be something else. Sorry. XD

Weights & Small Hunters

Weights & Small Hunters


Weights & Small Hunters

This big galumphing beast was gorgeous. I can has?

Weights & Small Hunters


I saw some of the horses before they went into the class itself, warming up in the collecting ring.

Collecting Ring

If this isn't the definition of a Heavyweight Hunter, I don't know what is.

Collecting Ring

Weights & Small Hunters

Collecting Ring

Weights & Small Hunters

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

Whilst watching the horses in the collecting ring, one in particular grabbed my attention. At first it looked like a fairly ordinary tobiano...

Collecting Ring

Collecting Ring

...but when she turned round...

Collecting Ring

Wow! Just look at that wraparound blaze!

Collecting Ring

The little roany shoulder patch is a nice detail too.

Weights & Small Hunters

Weights & Small Hunters


I think I went home shortly after this as my feet had reached a level of pain I could no longer deal with, but fear not, there are still a couple of posts left to go!

Part 3 - Sidesaddle & Misc Horses coming soon!
















No comments:

Post a Comment