Monday 25 January 2016

Rowan and Ava

Another new arrival I meant to introduce along with Rosa the cob, I couldn't do it until she'd been given a name which was proving elusive! Some Julips arrive with a name already, others tell me what they'd like almost as soon as I unwrap them and others, well, others are awkward. Rowan took weeks to name, and in the end it wasn't even me that came up with it!

Rowan

This lovely little lady came from a fellow collector on ebay who I didn't realise I knew until after I'd bought her! XD  She had a black mane and tail which seemed odd considering that her clearly light coloured legs weren't exactly conducive to being bay. I fell in love with her adorable little face though and just had to have her, despite her odd colouration. I thought she'd make a far better chestnut and was happily justified when I took her on a little trip to the Julip Salon after she arrived.

Rowan

Rowan

As per usual she got her own tack set on arrival, though ironically she's still waiting on a headcollar and rug which are usually the first things I'll make for a newbie! I used some of Horsing Around's new Julip scale stirrups and I have to say, they're absolutely perfect! I got them in a sale they had on after Christmas along with a set of Stablemate ones which I'll need to get round to using soon.

Rowan and Ava

Her rider is newly made too, and while I'm a bit 'meh' about her face, I do like her customised unicorn jumper! She's called Ava and will be either her owner or loaner, I haven't decided yet. She jsut had to belong to her somehow though, they've both got matching hair after all!

Rowan and Ava





3 comments:

  1. Rowan's colour is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks amazing as a chestnut! I've got a model from the same seller, but I'm waiting on some hair from HA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Christine, on a new familymember! She's beautiful and I'm sure you're right about the haircolour, in any case it looks very fitting and beautiful now! Oh my, all those names, I can only imagine that's quite something with the many horses you've got. I think you've done a great job on Ava, she has an unusual (but I've often been told that I do to ;)) but well done face, very convincing I think. My compliments!

    ReplyDelete