Tuesday 9 February 2016

Copperfox 10 Day Challenge! - My favourite model photos



Day 4: Your Favourite Model Horse Picture

What is your most favourite model horse picture? Maybe you already have one or maybe you can create a new one?

--------

As anyone who knows this blog (or my Flickr account!) can testify, I take a lot of photos of my models. Indeed, the album of my Julip photos on Flickr currently contains a whopping 8587 images, and my general non Julip model horse one has a 'mere' 1080!
(The sad part is, that's not even all of them, I have hundreds I haven't uploaded for whatever reason or another)

I love nothing more than setting up scenes and trying to make my models look like the real thing - something which I know some people must find frustrating, given that the main focus of my collection is on distinctly stylised models rather than realistically sculpted ones.

Regardless, I've got plenty that I think blur the line between model and reality, and even if they're still obviously models, I'm proud of them anyway. This will probably end up being a phenomenally photocentric post, so apologies in advance!

They're in no particular order really, and all very different, but these are the photos I think I'm most proud of taking over the years. (and yes, there really are a lot, I'm so sorry, I can't choose only a couple!)

Beach Ride



First up, are the Julip photos - I scrolled through all 8587 I have on Flickr and selected my faves.

I think my outdoor and beach ride shots are the best - there's something about the natural light and colours that just works somehow.

Beach Ride

Beach Ride

Beach Ride.  #julip #juliporiginals #modelhorses #beach #horse

Beach Ride

Beach Ride

Beach Ride

 Beach Ride

Woodland Hack
  
Hacking
 
My indoor photography can be just as good, but as my room is north-facing, I don't get much decent natural light all the time, especially in the winter months, so many of my pictures require colour corrections before they can be uploaded anywhere.

Rory and Digby

Echo's Training

Outdoor School

Outdoor School

Rory and Digby

Agrimony

Agrimony

Christmas at EAE
I'm not going to lie, I did quite a bit of photoshopping here but mehhh, who cares? :P

Christmas

Christmas Presents

Mishto

Turnout

Turnout

Turnout

Callisto

Plaiting Simba

Grooming Pirate

Simba rears

Lisa and Kerry

Lisa and Kerry

Lara and Callisto

Maisie

Bombproofing
Bombproofing is clearly terrifying. Poor old Harper, the big wimp!
This one is quite obviously photoshopped into an existing photo but I've always been pleased with how well it blends into the real world. If I remember correctly, the story with it was that the roads around the yard were all blocked by the snow, so they had to trek to the village for supplies and judging by Aidan's choice of food, his snack related priorities come first!

Back from the shops2

Nothing to do with models in this one really, but here's a photo of Nikolai looking incredibly suspicious, leaving the local junk shop in the middle of the night... XD

Leaving The Midden
There *is* a story behind this, which will hopefully be told in photostory form eventually.

Ok, now onto the non Julips!

EA Fantastic Mr Copperfox - Welsh Cob - stallion - OF - EG9

EA Eclipse

Persia - American WB - Filly - CM

EA Jackson - Donkey - Jack - OF - EG 4

EA Turkish Brandy

I went through a phase of taking photos on a black backdrop with ultra dramatic lighting. XD

Cob

Cob

Cob

Cob

G3 Highland

Loki

Thestral

Thestral

Ghost

Ghost

Maximus spanish walking in rim light4
Pony

Windows

Fun fact about this next one: when I did the NC Photography course at college a number of years ago, our tutor told us that the next day's class would be a macro exercise, where we'd photograph 'something found in our pockets' and I brought in a stablemate, because reasons. XD

Don't Fight The Fire2

Feet

Aaaaaand finally, onto the 1/6th lot. :D

I fully intend to make Brenn a horse of his own, but using proper ball joints instead of wire, as Inky here really struggles to stay upright these days as she's so fat big boned.

Adventuring

Adventuring

Adventuring

Off on an adventure...

Off on an adventure...

Off on an adventure...

Off on an adventure...

Skara - 1:6 scale custom Skyrim bash.


I have a ridiculous number of ideas for future photos and stories but as ever with projects and me, it might be years before I get round to them all!


3 comments:

  1. wow, that's an enormous amount of photo's, but I think they ARE great indeed, I LOVE the ones on the beach, so realistic and beautiful. And I also really like the dark background and dramatic lighting ones, very stylish and professional! Enjoy the rest of the challenge, you enjoy this a lot I gather from your posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Julips! And the pictures and stories you create of them. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Work Christine! I was fascinated by the variety of the shots and the varying locations that you have chosen for set ups and for drama! Every picture tells an interesting story. A MOST ENJOYABLE journey! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete